- What is FieldGoals.US/THE HEARD?
- Collecting and Using Information
- Third Party Processors
- Advertising and Marketing Choices
- Third Party Links
- Your Choices and Rights
- Your Personal Data and Your Rights
- How to Contact Us
1. What is FieldGoals.US/THE HEARD?
FieldGoals.US is a woman-owned, small, diversified consumer research and consulting firm that leverages its proprietary questioning model to provide actionable insights to clients across diverse industries—education, non-profit agencies, finance, consumer package goods, healthcare, and state and federal agencies. The Heard platform enables marketers to connect with respondents to engage in marketing research and studies. FieldGoals.US is a registered Minority & Woman-Owned Small Business & Federal vendor.
FieldGoals.US’ offices are located in New Cumberland Pennsylvania, USA. FieldGoals.US is the data controller of all personal data collected from residents of the United States. “THE HEARD” is an opinion collective for nationwide consumers to share their thoughts and preferences with industry decision-makers. The Heard was developed by the consumer research advocates at FieldGoals.US to meet the need for an ongoing connection between products and service providers and the voice of the consumer,
2. Collecting and Using Information
Personal data We Collect
Information You Provide
When you use the platform or services, you may voluntarily provide us with the following types of Personal data:
- Register as a member of THE HEARD. When you register for an account, you will provide us with your first and last name, email address and demographic information. To complete your profile, you may provide your telephone number, zip code, date of birth, gender, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, or other details you choose to share.
- Participate in a Project. When you choose to complete the pre-screening questionnaire as a potential respondent for an active project, you may provide us with information regarding additional lifestyle preferences and opinions. For certain projects, you may not be considered if you do not provide us with this information. For our recruiters to contact you about the project, you will provide us with your contact information, including your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and mailing address. When you are invited to participate, you are also required to provide a photo ID to confirm your address, age and identity.
Information as You Navigate Our Platform and Services
We automatically collect certain personal data through your use of the platform and services, including the registration form. We will automatically collect certain personal data, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, the pages on the platform you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the platform.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the platform is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from platform visitors on a city-regional basis.
How We Use Your Personal data
We use the personal data you provide to improve our services and platform, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the personal data we collect to:
- Process your account registration
- Contact you regarding your interest in a project
- Process and submit payment to you for your participation in a project
- Contact you regarding our projects that we feel may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you about our platform or services or to inform you of any changes
- Provide support
- Maintain and improve our platform or services
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others
- Efficiently maintain our business
- Comply with applicable law
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, survey generator, appointment scheduling, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis). Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal data where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal data
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition or in preparation for any of these events
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure
3. Third Party Processors
To ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share your personal data with to ensure that your personal data is treated by those service providers in a way that is consistent with, and which respects the applicable laws on data security and privacy. For example, we use email service providers.
4. Advertising and Marketing Choices
Depending on your location (and reflecting applicable law), you may have been asked to indicate your preferences, provide us with your consent regarding the receipt of such information from us, and indicate how you would like to receive it.
Wherever you are located, we will send you marketing communications based on any preferences you may have expressed.
We only want to send you information in which you are interested. If you do not want to receive these communications or would like to understand more about other unsubscribe options, please contact us as set out in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
For email communications, you can opt-out by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any email you receive from us. You also may submit a request to email@example.com
Note, however, that you will continue to receive communications regarding your use of the services (e.g., when you have decided to participate in a project). If we call or text you with information you do not want to receive, you can advise us of this during the telephone call [or by replying “STOP” to the text message].
5. Third Party Links
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the personal data we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
7. Your Choices and Rights
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you are located, you may have additional rights with respect to your personal data. We discuss some of those jurisdictions and rights below. For example, you may have the rights to access, delete, update, or correct your information. You also may have the right to object to or opt out of direct marketing from us. If you would like to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request in accordance with any applicable legal requirements.
8. Your Personal data and Your Rights –United States Only
California Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our platform or services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
Notice to Nevada Residents
Nevada law allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the sale of certain types of personal information. Subject to a number of exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal information for monetary consideration to another person. We do not currently sell personal information as defined in the Nevada law. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you still may submit a verified request to opt-out of sales and we will record your instructions and incorporate them in the future if our policy changes. Opt-out requests may be sent to email@example.com
Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal Data
The legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may process your personal data based on your consent such as when you create an account or when you ask us to send certain kinds of marketing communications. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Our Legitimate Interests
We may process your personal data if doing so is necessary for our legitimate interests and your rights as an individual do not override those legitimate interests. For example, when we process your personal data to carry out fraud prevention activities and activities to increase network and information security, to market directly to you, to expand our business activities and to improve our services and the content and functionality of our platform.
To Enable Us to Comply with a Legal Obligation
We may process your personal data to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. This may include any requirement to produce audited accounts and to comply with legal process.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal data for any specific processing activity, please contact us using the “How to Contact Us” section below.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Access Your Personal data
Rectify Your Personal Data
You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you and to have incomplete personal data completed.
Restrict Our Use of Your Personal data
You have the right to ask us to place a restriction on our use of your personal data if one of the following applies to you:
- You contest the accuracy of the information that we hold about you, while we verify its accuracy
- We no longer need the information for the purpose for which we collected it, but you need it to deal with a legal claim
- You have objected to us using your information, while we check whether our legitimate grounds override your right to object
Object to Our Use of Your Personal Data
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data where our reason for using it is based on our legitimate interests or your consent (rather than when the reason for using it is to perform an obligation due to you under a contract with us).
Delete Your Personal Data
You can ask us to delete your personal data if:
- We no longer need it for the purposes for which we collected it
- We have been using it with no valid legal basis
- We are obligated to erase it to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- We need your consent to use the information and you withdraw consent
- You object to us processing your personal data where our legal basis for doing so is our legitimate interests and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing
However, this right is not absolute. Even if you make a request for deletion, we may need to retain certain information for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping, maintenance of opt-out requirements, defending or making legal claims, or detecting fraudulent activities. We will retain information in accordance with the “How Long Is Your Personal Data Kept” section below.
If you do exercise a valid right to have your personal data deleted, please keep in mind that deletion by third parties to whom the information has been provided might not be immediate and that the deleted information may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period (but will not be available to others).
How Long Is Your Personal Data Kept?
9. How to Contact Us
For questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org